Technologies and Combat CharacteristicsEdit
Build with the most advanced technologies disposable at the time, the YF-26 Seraphim was tailor made for the exclusive use of UCR Esper pilots. One of the new systems developed for the YF-26 is the Psycommu Combat System, an evolution of the BDI system used on the YF-23. Like the BDI, the PCS main function is to link the pilots mind directly to the control system of the fighter, givng the pilot a greater degree of precise control over the aircraft. The PCS' secondary function is the direct cause for the "Prafka Effect", a phenomenon where an Esper's power reaches their zenith, manifesting in a cloud of psychic energy around the fighter.
Additionally, the YF-26 was built with firepower and high performance in mind. For these reasons, the fighter was armed with the powerful BGP-02α Beam Gun Pod, a weapon capable of taking down most heavily armored enemy aircraft with a charged shot, and the YF-23's Internia Vector Control System that protected the pilot from high g forces for intervals of 10 seconds.
- 1 x BGP-02α 75mm Beam Gun Pod
- 2 x ES-25A 25mm high-speed beam machine guns
- 1 x 25mm Beam head gun
- 2 x BML-04B Internal Micro-Missile Launchers/25 missiles each
- 1 x KarBar AK/VF-M9F Assault Knife
Equipment and FeaturesEdit
- 2 x FF-2450B thermonuclear reaction engines
- Inertia Vector Control System
- Tactical Life Support System
- AA/AS/SF-05 Unified Sensor Matrix
- 1 x Anti-Projectile Shield
- 1 x Disposable Fold Booster
- Goblin I FAST Pack
- 1 x QF-5100A Goblin Booster Weapon System
- 2 x BML-05A Micro Missile Launchers/45 Missiles Each
- Armored Protection Units on legs and shoulders
- VF-26 Cherub: Limited Production version built for Non-Esper pilots. 58 produced.